CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Snake River Rafting

Jason and I had the chance to go to Wyoming (finally) this past weekend. I was so excited to go up to Star Valley to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Hodges, as well as go river rafting with some of Jason's friends.



This is my Grandma and Grandpa. I am so grateful to have them in my life, and it was so fun to visit with them as well as other family that was up there. My cousin Logan was ordained to the office of Teacher in the priesthood, and I saw my other cousin Nikki before she gets married this weekend. I loved visiting that side of the family.


While we were at my grandparents' house, I thought that it would be terrible to break traditon by not taking a picture in front of the pine tree.



This is the final run of our river rafting. This was by far the most fun (and intense) run we had. This is on the rapid, "Lunch Counter." It was such fun.




Look how the boat just gave way... it was so scary. I'm on the back half almost out of the boat. My handle is in the air, and Jason is in front of me in the orange tackling Nathan.









In this picture you can see that there are 2 people in the wate and there is a big gap on the left side of the boat. It was so scary to have them thrown out, and I was glad I was on the other side but yeah, everyone was OK and they just laughed and enjoyed their ride. I was also grateful that we had a good guide who knew exactly how to handle each situation that we came across.

This is us before our first run. I was so excited to get going down the river. It was so much fun. We saw lots of eagles really close, as well as osprey and even otters. It was a great weekend.




Numbered List





We really enjoyed our weekend in Wyoming, and are looking forward to next year. It was such a relaxing weekend, also filled with intense situations and excitement. We were surrounded by good friends, good family, and everything else fun and wonderful. Yay!









2 comments:

Kay said...

Looks like you had fun. Good to see that Grandma and Grandpa are doing well. Loved the traditional pine tree pose! Love You!:)

Alaina Nelson said...

awww remember when we were here last summer?! My how things have changed! Love your pictures!