CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

EFY Memories

During the first week in June I had the opportunity to be an EFY counsellor. I was so blessed to have that opportunity. It was SO much work but I am so grateful that I was able to do it. It started out with some training the Saturday before in Logan. We played games and went over the theme. We basically just got our feet wet in the EFY experience. I hadn't ever had an opportunity to attend, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. But I was excited! We had a fireside on Sunday night where we met the session director, Brother Fife. He was hilarious! I loved the spirit that he brought with him. Monday was us getting ready for the youth to come. We prepared by learning the hardest dance I think I have ever seen. Very choreographed. I met my girls. I had 14 girls and they were each very different but it was very rewarding. We got to know each other, had Family Home Evening and played some more games. Tuesday was the first days of classes. That was a lot of fun because I helped make sure the youth were under control, but I was able to attend the classes as well. I learned a lot of very valuable things. We also had a dance that night. Wednesday was our game day. That was a lot of fun, even though it rained all day long. My favorite game to watch was the Noah's Ark game where we had the youth act like animals. Thursday was probably my favorite day of the week. It was completely spiritual and edifying. We started out with a Young Women's/Young Men activity... (I attended the Young Women activity with my girls.) We were able to learn and grow and be taught by the spirit. This was also the night where Elder Kiese of the Quorum of the 70 was there and spoke which was so powerful. We then broke off into our companies and had a testimony meeting. My favorite part was that earlier in the day a young man in our company told me he didn't have a testimony and I was able to talk to him and testify of my knowledge and challenge him to pray about the things he has been taught. Half way through our testimony meeting he got up and shared that he knows now that this is the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was so proud and very excited to see that wonderful change in him. Friday was a day of farewells and sadness. We took pictures and exchanged information with each other. We had our final dance, and I said goodbye to the best 14-15 year old girls I have met in a long time. We gave each other letters and I truly felt like I had done something good for them as they continue in their lives. EFY was probably one of the best things I could have done for the week and I am so grateful I was able to do that.

0 comments: